Fillers are products that are injected into skin creases and hollows to restore youthful contours and soften wrinkles. They also help to “re-inflate” our skin’s youthful fullness that is lost with age. Also called dermal fillers, soft tissue fillers, or soft tissue augmentation, these are among the most popular treatments at Pure Dermatology. Injections are performed by Dr. Kate Holcomb, a Board Certified Dermatologist. Dr. Holcomb trains and also supervises physicians nationwide Tulane University dermatology residents on the proper technique for injecting fillers.
Dr. Holcomb uses fillers to:
- Rejuvenate facial contours by restoring volume to the cheeks, hollows under the eyes, and deep folds.
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Soften fine lines
- Add fullness to the lips.
- Lift downturned corners of the mouth
- Support and lift the brows
- Restore a more youthful appearance to the hands
- Restore a soft contour to the forehead
- Soften forehead lines
- Treat the furrow between the eyebrows (the 11’s)
- Improve dark circles and hollows under the eyes
- Plump wrinkly loose earlobes
- Reduce the appearance of smokers’ lines
- Perform a non-surgical liquid face-lift
Fillers offered at Pure Dermatology include Voluma, Vollure, Volbella, Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Restylane. These fillers are composed of hyaluronic acid, a substance that naturally occurs in the human body. It is found in high concentrations in our joints and connective tissues, acting as a network to carry nutrients to our skin cells. When injected, the gel adds volume to the tissues and facial structures and draws water to the skin’s surface, keeping it looking supple and fresh. These give an immediate result and can last from 6-18 months depending on the product used.
We also offer Sculptra, which is poly-L-lactic acid, a safe synthetic filler that establishes a framework to soften and lift the face, décolletage, and buttocks by stimulating the body to create collagen. It takes time to see the results from Sculptra but these can last up to 2 years.